Help make ends meet!!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Thankful (Reflective post)

As I sit down quietly in my kitchen....I am thinking of my presence in Church this morning....thinking of how grateful I am to have found a place that lets me recharge my batteries....It lets me ....unload my burdens....I  remind myself of how miniscule my problems are in comparasion to my God's.  It reminds me that He can do great things and I need to believe and trust that I am on the path He is leading me on.  Which brings me to this post. 

It's no secret that being a single mom of 4 boys, is challenging.  Financially challenging.   I started this website, (working on it, so if you prefer the use of the word Blog, than by all means, I mean the same thing) to promote my new discovery.  For those who are new to my site, I realised in February of this year (2012) that I could make pretty cool (so I am told) cakes.   I needed a way to bring in more money into the home, if I wanted to keep that said home.  I sold a certain brand of women's makeup and such out of my home, only to find out that it wasn't my thing.  Then I got a second job at a certain bridal shop but the amount of hours I had to work for the small pay wasn't worth the amount of money I was spending on gas.  Then came the cakes. 

I am blessed.   I am blessed that I was lead to attempt to make one of my son's cake and to have someone so impressed that they asked me to make a car cake which lead to someone requesting a Lightening McQueen cake and off the business went.  I am blessed that I get to do something I am SO passionate about, to provide for the people that are my whole life, my sons.  I do not take my "cake business" for granted.  How could I?!?  I am happier than I've ever been.  My outlook on things have shifted.  I know that no matter what, things will work out.  They always do.  I always find a solution....and I always believe in my faith.

I am thankful, in such a HUGE GYNOURMOUS way, that I have had 2200+ views within the last 2 months.  It seriously is, an overwhelming feeling.  I have made 27+ cakes, since February 10, 2012.  I have sold over 12 of those. 

Thank you, for visiting my site.   If I could personally thank each and every one of you, I would, and I honestly mean that.

Thank you.

Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment